A range of physiotherapy services are provided across all age groups. The service includes individual assessment, treatment and a range of therapeutic interventions. Working in close association with other health professionals, the physiotherapists are actively involved in injury prevention and health promotion utilising a number of management, motivational strategies and goals to engage the consumer in physical activities.
The following programs and groups are available under this service:
- Aquatic physiotherapy (hydrotherapy) - exercise program in a heated pool for the management of chronic conditions.
- Strength training (strong and able) - progressive resistance training for older adults. Individualised program targeting clients needs eg. osteoporosis, diabetes, depression, osteo-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, weakness or deconditioning.
- Chair based gentle exercises - gentle exercises for older adults.
- Get fit - eight week program that practices strengthening exercises and is $5 per session
- Low impact exercise group - ongoing strengthening exercises and is $3.00 per session
- Lower back pain management - eight week program that practices lumbar stabiliser exercises and its progression. Cost is $5.00 per session.
- MS connections group - group program for people with multiple sclerosis (MS). Designed to improve their knowledge, awareness and self management skills of the condition. This will cover areas such as fatigue, lifestyle, memory and thinking skills, stress management, communication, swallowing and nutrition. The program goes for six weeks and is offered jointly by the aged and community care team and rehabilitation team at Cardinia Casey and the MS Society NSW/VIC.
- Respiratory support group - provides support to older persons (home and community care) in all areas who have their own transport suffering from asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, chronic lung disease and people on oxygen. Cost is a gold coin donation.
- Road to recovery group - designed for those members of the community that have developed chronic pain symptoms. It will provide people with strategies and education on how to take control of their lives and reduce and in some cases remove pain entirely.
- No falls exercise group - weekly exercise program aimed at improving the balance of clients who have a falls history or are at risk of falls and costs $5.00
Clients must live/work/study or be a child attending school, pre-school or child-care in:
- City of Greater Dandenong
- Bayside/Kingston (Home Based Allied Health service for frail older people who are unable to leave their home to access community services)
Referrals can be made through our information and appointment service:
- T: (03) 8768 5147 - Doveton, Cranbourne, Berwick, Pakenham and Cockatoo
- T: (03) 8558 9080 - Springvale and Dandenong
- T: (03) 8558 9080 or (03) 8587 0192 - Kingston/Bayside(Home Based Allied Health)
Kanooka Physiotherapy Group is a Private Physiotherapy Practice operating out of the Physiotherapy Department at Monash Medical Centre. This provides specialty services across musculoskeletal, neurological, lymphdema, pelvic floor and paediatric physiotherapy. Please see the following link for details: