This service offers eye examinations and glasses at low cost for refugees/asylum seekers, pensioner/healthcare card holders and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members. This service is provided in Berwick in cooperation with the Australian College of Optometry.
- Patient eligibility is open to all of the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and Shire of Cardinia
- Patients require a pension or health care card to be seen or a referral from a refugee/asylum seeker support agency or identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Link to our website: www.aco.org.au
- All appointments/referrals can be made through our information and appointment service
To be eligible to attend the Berwick Optometry Clinic you must live in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey OR Shire of Cardinia AND in the following post code areas:
3156, 3159, 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174 3175, 3177, 3781, 3782, 3783, 3802, 3803, 3804, 3805, 3806, 3807, 3808, 3809, 3810, 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3912, 3975, 3976 3977, 3978, 3980, 3981, 3984, 3987
If you live in a listed postcode but NOT in the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey OR Shire of Cardinia you are not eligible to be seen at our clinic in Berwick. Instead, you may access services at our clinic in Carlton.
- All ages
- Our information and appointment service will advise on acceptance to the program
- Please link to the website www.aco.org.au/eye-care-services/referals for referral criteria
For further information and appointments, please call us on
- T:8768 5166
- W: www.aco.org.au