New Technology Developments in Dentistry
Monash Health Dental Services Conference
Friday, November 18th 2016
Presented by Dr Ramini Shankumar - Director
Monash Health Dental Services provide dental treatment under the guidelines of Dental Health Services Victoria. We provide dental care to eligible health care or pension card holders and their dependants.
Anyone experiencing an emergency problem should contact 1300 icare - 1300 342 273 (Option 3) where they will be placed through to a triage system. A triage system is an assessment service and depending on the outcome of the assessment, options will be provided for care.
If you require general care (non emergency care) you will be placed on our waiting list. Please call 1300 342 273 - option 3 for more information.
- What services are available?
- Who is eligible to use this service?
- Priority access
- What does it cost?
- Private dental care
- Clinic sites
- Emergency care
- General care
- Dentures / False teeth
- Preventive care and education on your oral health
- Children and young people:
- All children aged 0 – 12 years
- Young people aged 13 – 17 years who are health care or pensioner concession card holders or dependents of concession card holders
- All children and young people up to 18 years of age, who are in out-of-home care provided by the Children Youth and Families Division of the Department of Human Services
- All youth justice clients in custodial care, up to 18 years of age
- Adults aged 18 years and over, who are health care or pensioner concession card holders or dependents of concession card holders
- All refugees and asylum seekers
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
If you fall into one of the following groups you may also be eligible for priority access to dental care; please enquire with our telephone staff. People who have priority access will be offered the next available appointment for general care and will not be placed on the general waiting list
The following groups have priority access to care:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Children (0-12 years) and young people
- Homeless people and people at risk of homelessness
- Pregnant women
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Registered clients of mental health and disability services, supported by a letter of recommendation from their case manager or staff of special developmental schools
- Supported Residential Services Clients
If you meet any of the above criteria, tell the receptionist when you call to make an appointment that you may be eligible for ‘priority access’.
Fees for services can be found here: https://www.dhsv.org.au/patient-information/fees
For more information on eligibility and priority groups please visit: http://health.vic.gov.au/dentistry/public-dental-system.htm
Monash Private Dental Clinic operates weekdays and Saturdays from our Thomas Street site.
All patients are eligible for private care. We offer private services at reduced rates. All Private health funds accepted.
Call 1300 342 273 - option 3 to make an appointment or for more information.
- Berwick, 28 Parkhill Drive (adults)
- Cranbourne, 140-154 Sladen Street (adults and children)
- Dandenong, 122 Thomas Street (adults and children)
- Dandenong, David Street (children only)
- Kingston Centre, Cnr Warrigal and Heatherton Roads (adults)
- Pakenham (children only)
- Springvale, 55 Buckingham Avenue (adults and children)