Home Care Packages
What are Home Care Packages??
Home Care Package provides a coordinated package of services tailored to meet client’s specific care needs. Home Care Packages provide services that can:
- help you to stay at home
- give you choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided to you
Monash Health Community works with clients to enable them to choose the care and services that they feel are important. This is called a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) approach to providing care.
These packages are funded by the Australian Government (Department of Social Services) to provide assistance and general support at home.
Who can get a Home Care Package?
- Older people who need some help to stay in their own home
- Younger people with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through specialist services
We provide services to people who live in these areas:
- Greater Dandenong
How can I get a Home Care Package?
- An Aged Care Assessment is necessary. Please click here for information on Monash Health ACAS
- Once a package is approved and available a case manager will contact the client and information regarding the package will be provided
- The case manager will visit the client in the home to discuss all of the options for care. The client, their family or anyone else representing the client may ask questions or suggest changes at any time. The case manager together with the client will agree on the right type of care
- Once the client has agreed on the type of care to be provided, the client will sign on for the package of services
- A care plan will be written up and services will begin
What kind of help is available?
- Personal support such as assistance with bathing, showering or personal hygiene
- Support services such as laundry, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, home modifications related to client care needs, transport to help with shopping, medical visits or social activities
- Clinical care such as nursing
- Social support
- Aids and equipment
- Meal preparation
- Continence management
Is there a fee?
There are fees for the services. The fees vary according to your circumstances. For more information on fees, please contact us at 9792 7747
Our normal business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. An emergency after hours service is available to existing clients outside these hours
This organisation was jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under the HACC program.