Community Support Options – Respite Care
Would you like to experience a range of interesting community activities? Then why not "Give it a go!"
Give it a go!
Give it a go is a group program of activities for a maximum of 8 participants.
It offers high quality activities every week that are appropriate for your age.
Give it a go provides a positive introduction to activity services. The program runs over a period of 12 to 18 months. It acts as a transitional program to encourage participation in other activity services on an ongoing basis.
The aims of the program
Give it a go aims to help clients experience a wide range of activities in the community.
The benefits of this include:
- Building on existing skills
- Boosting self-esteem
- Increasing physical, intellectual, social and emotional wellbeing
- Providing a positive experience of activity services
- Providing respite to carers.
Who can take part?
Give it a go offers programs for:
- People with the early stages of dementia who are younger and physically active
- People who are living at home and have a carer who would benefit from the respite
- People for whom other activities or respite services are not appropriate.
The programs are available to people who live in these areas:
The program runs on Wednesdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
The cost is $5 per day. Occasionally there will are additional costs for special outings or activities.
The activities are run by 2 trained staff who are experienced in working with people with dementia.
Transport is provided.
Give it a go is part of Community Support Options .
To discuss the program further, please call Intake on 9792 7579.
For general enquiries about Community Support Options please call 9792 7579.
Community Support Options
Level1,55 Buckingham Aveune
Springvale VIC 3171
This organisation was jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under the HACC program.