At Monash Health, we're committed to our employees, just as they're committed to our patients, their families and the community we serve. As part of this commitment, we offer a highly competitive employee benefits program. Read on to find out more.
Monash Health employees are eligible for salary packaging. Salary packaging is an Australian Taxation Office approved means of restructuring your salary to reduce your taxation. This is provided through our partnership with MAXXIA. Salary packaging enables you to pay for certain items out of your pre-tax salary, including:
- everyday living expenses including mortgage, rent or credit card payments
- meal entertainment expenses
- holiday accommodation and venue hire
- the finance and running costs of your car through Novated Leasing
- and other work related expenses.
For more information on salary packaging with Maxxia, including online tools and calculators, click here.
Health and Wellbeing
Our programs are designed to promote a healthier environment and lifestyle:
- We have on site Gym/ Fitness Centres (Healthwise Fitness) at Monash Medical Centre, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital and the Kingston Centre. For a pre-tax salary deduction, you have access to classes, equipment and of course our accomplished instructors.
- Monash Health Bicycle Users Group (BUG) is a group of passionate staff who have formed the bicycle users group with the purpose of increasing cycling participation within Monash Health and promote cycling as a commuting alternative. Click here to find out more or email email@example.com.
- Smoke Free Workplace - Smoking is prohibited in all Monash Health facilities including buildings, vehicles and outdoor areas used by employees, patients and the general public.
- Monash Health provides its employees with an on-site bulk billing General Practioner service. Whilst this does not replace your own GP, the service is available to our employees to visit and for assistance with a variety of health assessments and advice.
- As an employee you can attend Lifestyle Management Seminars designed to assist and support you in a range of areas such as retirement, banking, superannuation and more. Lifestyle Management Seminars are conducted periodically across Monash Health sites.
- People Assist is a confidential coaching and support service provided by Converge International. This is available to our employees as well as their families (parent, spouse/partner or children). Qualified professionals with extensive management experience and qualifications provide this service free of charge.
Through partnerships with Medibank Private, Monash Health employees can now benefit from cost effective corporate private health insurance cover. This can be arranged through the ease of pay deduction.
Our nurse and midwife employees are entitled to a free uniform.
Monash Health partners with BankVIc to provide a range of banking and financial services. Bank Vic has a branch located at Monash Medical Centre. Aside from the convenience, you can take advantage of competitive interest rates along with an award winning service.
Recognition and Reward
Everyone appreciates being told they are doing a good job. Our Recognition and Reward program allows you to nominate a colleague for their work. Your nomination makes them eligible for quarterly and annual awards as well as letting them know their work has been recognised. When you join Monash Health, you will be part of a health service that values and recognises your contribution.
Our main sites include Zouki cafes, providing the highest calibre of service and ambience whilst serving only the healthiest and most appetising array of international dishes. Zouki offer many varieties of hot food, plus salads, sushi, freshly-made sandwiches and focaccias, home-made soups, desserts, fresh juices, and of course coffee
On-site car parking
We offer discounted car parking at our sites. This is secure and there are reserved parking areas for employees working evening and night shifts. Car parking fees are made by a pre-tax deduction. Your employee ID card provides easy swipe access.