Services are provided at Monash Medical Centre Clayton and Moorabbin, Kingston Centre, Dandenong Hospital and Casey Hospital.
We offer a comprehensive range of imaging and interventional services including:
- plain x-ray ( including OPG)
- ultrasound (including Doppler ultrasound)
- mammography (available at Moorabbin)
- nuclear medicine including PET scanning
- angiography and interventional procedures
Locations and contact numbers
Monash Children's - Paediatric Diagnostic Imaging services
Monash Medical Centre - Clayton for x-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound, angiography, nuclear medicine plus an imaging day ward:
- general x-ray and interventional cases - P: (03) 9594 2200
- CT department - P: (03) 9594 2200
- MRI department - P: (03) 9594 2200
- ultrasound - P: (03) 9594 2200
- nuclear medicine - P: (03) 9594 2200
- general x-ray - P: (03) 9265 1212
- internal access - 81265
Dandenong Hospital for x-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound, nuclear medicine , angiography plus a recovery ward:
- general x-ray, angiography, CT department, ultrasound, nuclear medicine - P: (03) 9554 8175
- MRI department - P: (03) 9554 8684
Casey Hospital for x-ray, CT department, ultrasound, nuclear medicine
- general x-ray, CT department, ultrasound, nuclear medicine - P: (03) 8768 1279
- internal access - 81265
Monash Medical Centre -Moorabbin Campus for x-ray, CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, PET scanning, Mammography
- general x-ray, CT department, ultrasound, nuclear medicine,mammography - P: (03) 992 88828
- internal access - 88828
Opening hours ( site dependent ) for outpatients
- MRI 9.30 am – 9.30 pm
- CT scans 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
- angiography/ fluoroscopy 8:30 am– 5:00 pm
- ultrasound 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- x-ray 8:30 am – 5.00 pm
- nuclear medicine 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- PET scanning 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
How do patients prepare for imaging?
- patients must have a request form provided by their doctor. Monash Health accepts other referrers' request forms
- patients will receive more detailed preparation instructions which will be explained via our booking procedures
- patients must inform the booking clerk if they weigh more than 150 kgs
- patients should alert us if they are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Modality specific patient preparation instructions
MRI - Please inform the doctor and the booking staff if the patient has ever had any of the following:
- cardiac pacemaker
- cerebral aneurysm clips
- cochlear implant
- metallic injury to your eyes (e.g. from welding / grinding / other cause)
- other medical implants.
Please also inform the booking staff if:
- the patient suffers from claustrophobia, as it is possible to arrange sedation for those patients who require this to undergo their examination. Sedation must be arranged in advance as medical staff need to be present to administer it and to monitor you during your exam
- the patient weighs more than 160 kgs.
CT scan - Please inform the doctor and booking staff if the patient has diabetes, has had a previous allergic reaction to contrast media, or suffers from kidney or thyroid gland problems.
- please inform booking staff if the patient weighs more than 180 kgs.
Ultrasound – Patients may be asked to fast, drink water, and not empty their bladder before the scan.
Angiograms / interventional - Patients will be advised individually.
In general, no food for 4 hours prior to the examination, but a light early morning breakfast (before 6:00am), black tea or coffee and toast is allowed for an afternoon appointment.
The radiology liaison nurse booking angiograms/interventional procedures must be notified (P: (03) 9594 2179) of the following:
- diabetic status of the patient
- abnormal thyroid conditions
- patients taking anti-coagulants such as aspirin, clopidigrel, warfarin and any other blood thinning medications
- patients who have known kidney problems
- patients with a known allergy to Iodine and/or Contrast dye
- any other medications
- provision of appropriate consent (interpreters can be arranged to assist).
Nuclear medicine - Patients who are pregnant, or think they might be pregnant, or who are breast-feeding, should inform staff before the commencement of the test, as this can be a contraindication for these procedures.
PET - All PET patients are required to fast for 6 hours prior to their appointment. Only plain water can be consumed during fasting. Please refer to appointment letters provided by Monash Imaging or contact the PET department for further information. (03) 992 88828