Can I access Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel in the library?
Yes, access to Microsoft Office is available.
Can I renew my books via the internet?
Yes, registered borrowers can renew loans via the library catalogue http://monash.worldcat.org/
Can registered members of CAVAL borrow directly from your libraries?
No, our libraries are hospital not university libraries and for that reason borrowing by CAVAL members is not permitted. Aside from hospital staff only Monash University staff, medical and post-graduate students can borrow.
Do you provide access to the internet?
Yes, each library provides internet access to authorised users who have a valid Monash Health user ID and password. These accounts are set up by information technology services and not the library. Permission must be granted by your supervisor to initiate the process of setting up computer / internet access accounts.
How many times can I renew my book?
It is usually twice for books. But this is affected by the type of material borrowed and also depends on whether the item has been requested by someone else.
- Loan category
- Borrower category
- Renewal period
- Books, CDs Monash Health staff, Monash University staff, Monash University postgraduate students (Masters, PhD students) 2 weeks
- Medical students, PHIMR Honours students, nutrition and dietetics students 1 week
- Journals Not applicable
- DVDs, audio tapes Applies to all borrowers 1 week
- (Note: most videos fall into this category) Applies to all borrowers 3 days
- 1 Week Video
- (Note: very few videos fall into this category) Applies to all borrowers 1 week
- Reserve (Note: most reserve materials can only be used in the library, in which case the renewal period does not apply) Applies to all borrowers 1 day
Where can I buy medical Books?
JR Medical Books (Ph: (03) 9478 3288).