Expertise in Evidence Synthesis
CCE conducts reviews of evidence that are fit for purpose. This means we match the decision and/or review question to the most appropriate review format. Generally, we inform decisions about safety and quality of healthcare interventions, best practice and quality improvement strategies. These are outlined below.
|Type of Decisions and Questions||Review format and Methods||Time to completion|
|Clinical Management (procedure, therapeutic or other clinical intervention/strategy)||Systematic Review
Based on PRISMA Standards
|Health service delivery and/or identifying best practice||
|Understanding a broad issue||
|Prompt insight required on a health service issue or aspect of clinical management||
|3 days – 1 week|
Expertise for Decision-Making Committees
- the Monash Health Technology and Clinical Practice Committee
- the coordination of evidence-based clinical guideline review and development at Monash Health
- the Monash Health Therapeutics Committee to undertake evidence reviews when required
If you wish to collaborate with CCE on research, quality improvement projects, informing committee decision-making and actions or informing best practice, please contact us.
Examples of recent collaborations include:
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services/Victorian Paediatric Clinical Network
- Monash Centre for Health Research and Implementation, School of Public Health and Preventative Medicine, Monash University
Disinvestment and reducing low-value health care
CCE supports Monash Health in its disinvestment program which aims to disseminate recommendations from Choosing Wisely Australia and to facilitate actions for improvement.
To find out more about this please contact ChoosingWisely@localhost/Joomla_2
Technology and Clinical Practice Committee