Greater Dandenong Community Health Service Springvale
Part of Monash Health Community (for more information click here)
55 Buckingham Ave
Springvale, Victoria, 3171
Phone: 03 8558 9000
Fax: 03 8558 9111
Hours of Operation: 9-5pm
Answering machine after hours and appointments are available on Wednesdays for specific services.
Greater Dandenong Community Health Service collaborates with individuals, communities and organisations to enhance the health independence and wellbeing of the diverse and most vulnerable community members with a particular focus on ensuring access for those with or at risk of poorest health status and those most in need.
Programs seek to enhance illness prevention, provide early intervention and improve general wellness and are delivered across three locations – two in Dandenong and one in Springvale.
- provide direct and confidential health care to individuals and groups in a community setting.
- address the health needs of the local community by providing services and information which is flexible, responsive and accessible
- provide programs which focus on the well being of the whole person
- promote aspects of health care and prevention.
- health information/resources
- health education & promotion
- family planning clinic
- occupational therapy
- community health nursing
- speech pathology
- community midwifery
- program for supported residential services’ residents
- financial counselling
- mobile youth health service
- life skills programs ie. parenting, healthy eating
- LIAISE – integrated program for adults with acquired brain injury
- Albanian women’s health wkr
- southern continence service (Councils of Dandenong, Casey & Cardinia)
- Kingston aged care assessment team
- Bunurong linkages
- Silver Circle Home And Community Care (HACC) – assessment and personal care services
- South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (SECASA)
- slow to recover program – acquired brain injury services
- Brotherhood of St Lawrence – child psychology
Using this service
People of all ages who live, work or go to school in the Dandenong area (previous municipal boundaries).
- a doctor’s referral is not required.
- contact us directly by phoning or dropping in to the service for information, or make an appointment
- an interpreter will be available at your request.
Other services available are:
- community child health – Victoria Training Program in Community Child Health
- sexual assault counselling – provided by South East Centre Against Sexual Assault (SECASA)
- Solace – Self Help Group for Widows and Widowers
- Detour – Social interest and support group for people with Acquired Brain Injury
- Women’s Young at Heart – for women 50 years and over
Carer’s Support Group:
- Arthritis Support Group
- No-Bend Garden Group
- Heart of Mine – Walking Group