We are working in a place-based approach across Cardinia Shire, City of Casey and City of Greater Dandenong. This means we are using the places we live, learn, work and play at platforms for change. These places identify areas where efforts and change is needed and can direct work towards a range of priority areas including healthy eating, oral health, physical activity, mental health and wellbeing and tobacco control.
The places we are currently working with are:
- Education (early years services, primary and secondary schools)
- Sport clubs and recreation facilities
- Food providers, outlets and suppliers
- Community places (Neighbourhood Houses, Non-government Organisations, Supported Residential Services and Places of Worship)
- Systems thinking prevention workforce
We are also focusing on two additional initiatives for the year of health literacy and linking food and healthy eating across places.
We are flexible and excited to explore new potential places for prevention, so please get in contact with us if you would like to discuss further. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash Health is a Smoke Free Site
All Monash Health sites are smoke free. We provide support for our staff to quit and support to patients to start the quit process.
If you are a smoker, please make the decision to quit. Excellent support is available through QUIT Victoria and the QUIT Helpline T: 13 7848.
Please do not smoke within our boundaries. Smoking is not permitted anywhere